Here are some frequently asked questions and answers.
1. Where can I buy a Spectrumaxe guitar? Spectrumaxe guitars are not available in any shops or from any online stores. Each guitar will be custom made to a customer's particular specification and requirements. Please get in touch if you are interested in having a Spectrumaxe guitar made for you.
2. How much does a Spectrumaxe guitar cost? That's a difficult question to answer exactly, as each guitar will be custom made, so the cost will very largely depend on a customer's particular specification and requirements, plus how long it takes us to build the guitar of course. However, Spectrumaxe Limited is a "not for profit" company - our charges will be based on what it costs us to build a guitar for you, rather than how much profit we can make. For this reason, we aim to deliver excellent value for money. A MK1 Spectrumaxe type guitar starts from around £700 and conversions from around £350. A MK4 Spectrumaxe, complete with illuminated plexiglass guitar body starts from £1200. However we'd be pleased to give you an estimate, based on your requirements.
3. Can you convert one of my guitars into a Spectrumaxe guitar? Certainly it's possible to convert many types of guitars into a Spectrumaxe guitar, however the main criteria are firstly that it must have a bolt-on neck and secondly it must have a big enough control compartment to house a battery and switch etc. Guitars with a glued in/fixed neck like a Gibson, are not suitable for conversion. We also recommend replacing your existing bolt-on neck with a newly constructed one, as trying to remove a fretboard to enable LEDs to be fitted, does involve a significant risk of damage to an existing guitar neck.
4. Can you make a Spectrumaxe bass guitar? Yes, certainly we can, although it must meet essentially the same criteria as we've described above.
5. How long does it take to make a Spectrumaxe guitar? That's also a difficult question to answer, as again it depends upon a customer's particular specification and requirements. It could certainly be several weeks or more before we can finish building one for you.
6. Is a Spectrumaxe guitar suitable for me? A Spectrumaxe guitar is not suitable for children. It also may not be suitable for you if you have a medical condition, heart pacemaker or a similar electrical device that might make you susceptible to any electrical interference from the guitar, while you are using it.